TCS multinational company that is involved in consulting services as well as information technology. It is located at Mumbai, India. It is member of the Tata group, which operates across 46 countries.
TCS is among the biggest Indian company’s market capitalization, and is among the most known Indian brands around the world. TCS is the sole source of 70 percent of the dividends paid by the subsidiary Tata Sons.
In the last few days, Tata Sons decided to sell its shares of TCS in the amount of $1.25 billion as a large deal. As of 2015, TCS was ranked as 64th in overall Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies ranking. This makes it the most highly-rated IT services firm as well as the highest-ranked Indian company.
TCS is the 2nd largest IT service provider. In 2017 TCS is ranked at 10th place in the Fortune India 500 list. In April of this year, TCS became the first Indian IT company to surpass 100 billion in market capitalization.
CLICK HERE To get Free Online Degree from USA to get more Success in TCS
- Recruitment Process
- Academic Criteria
- TCS Interview Questions
- 1. Explain the purpose of linked lists
- 2. How well do you do at managing?
- 3.) How do you define inheritance?
- 4. What exactly is Polymorphism?
- 5. Types of inheritance?
- 6. Will you risk it all?
- 7. What are the four basic principles of OOPS?
- 8.What’s the distinction between interfaces and classes?
- 9. What is the software development life-cycle?
- 10. What is a Database Management System?
- 11. What are loops?
- 12. Explain about Joins, Normalization, Views,Triggers?
- 13. Do you believe in delegating?
- 14. What is normalization of databases, joins, and keys?
- 15. List different advantages of DBMS
- 16. What are the conditional statements?
- 17. What is the similarity and difference between C++ and C?
- 18. What is database Schema?
- 19. Diffrentiate between socket and session?
- 20. What is the difference between the foreign key and reference key?
- 21. The structural difference between b-tree index and bitmap ?
- 22. What is the difference between a non Clustered index and-clustered index?
- 23. What is an array?
- 24. Memory Allocation in C/C+
- 25. Define Data Abstraction. What is their significance?
- 26. What is the difference between virtual function and the pure function of virtualization?
- 27. What are WPF and WCF?
- TCS HR Interview Questions
- 1. Tell us something about yourself.
- 2. How well organized are you?
- 3. How can you ensure that your team remains engaged?
- 4. What was an instance in which you were asked to perform something you did not enjoy doing, and how you dealt with the situation?
- 5. What do you think you would do in the event of an under-performance?
- 6. Do you wish to change your domain? If yes, why?
- 7. Will you be comfortable relocating?
- 8. What are your expectations from the company?
- 9. Do you have a story to share concerning the most unforgettable moment in your life?
- 10. What is it like to live in Delhi (your state)?
- 11. What are your weaknesses?
- 12. What are your strengths?
- 13. What are your views on demonetization?
- 14. Why should we hire you?
- 15. What is it that distinguishes you than other potential candidates?
- 16. Tell me about your daily routine?
- 17. Do you have any prior work experience? If so tell us about your last job and why you left it.
- 18. Mention any five qualities that a person should have for this profile?
- 19. What quality do you think a leader should have?
- 20. Speak on any topic of your interest for at least 5 minutes.
- 21. What are your hobbies?
- 22. Describe the experience of visiting any place during your vacations?
- 23. Any Previous Job experience or Applied?
TCS usually conducts three rounds to choose freshers for the position of Software Developer in their firm.
- Aptitude test
- Interview with a technical expert
- HR interview
The process begins by taking a written test, then a one on one interview. There is also the possibility of conducting an open-ended discussion with some students.
Sometimes they can waive the test for students with an 75 in aggregate or more, and allow them to show up directly to the interview without writing tests.
In the technical interview the fresher candidates are typically confronted with questions regarding the final project they have completed and one specific technology that they have been instructed.
65 percent or more 65 percent or more B.Tech and at least 65 percent in B.Tech, X or XII.
No backlogs were present at the moment of interview
|Numerical Ability||20-30 Questions|
|Programming logic||5-15 Questions|
|Reasoning Ability||25-35 Questions|
TCS Interview Questions
TCS is one of the largest companies in the fields of consulting, technology as well as software is a job seeker’s dream job to be employed by.
The company hires thousands of graduates from management every year. Are you wondering what makes them get into the company? It’s certainly not an easy task however it’s not impossible to break.
A linked list has two components: information and the link. In the single listening, the start in the list will be identified by a specific pointer whose name is begin.
The pointer is the first element in the list, and the link component of every node is a arch that leads at the next node however, the final node in the list is missing a pointer that indicates the previous one. Thanks to the the start pointer the linked list can be easily traversed.
2. How well do you do at managing?
This question can inform the prospective employers about the way you collaborated with your colleagues. This can also provide them with an idea of how well you managed the processes of work and your output, while also interacting with your colleagues while at the same time.
This is a great chance to show your strengths but in a subtle manner. You run the risk of appearing boastful or confident. Try to incorporate positive feedback from your career or praises from your colleagues, or LinkedIn suggestions would be helpful.
3.) How do you define inheritance?
In Object-Oriented Programming inheritance is a method that is based in classes.
Inheritance is the process of transferring the properties and data members that a parent class has into an infant class. A class that is created from a different class is typically referred to as a sub-class or child class. The class that the child class is derived is known as Super-Class or Parent Class.
4. What exactly is Polymorphism?
Polymorphism is a term used in OOPS which refers to having multiple types. Simply put it means that various actions can be carried out in various instances. The two kinds of polymorphism are:
- Method of overloading
- Operator overloaded
5. Types of inheritance?
Kinds of inheritance:
- Hybrid Inheritance
- Single inheritance
- Multi-level Inheritance
- Multi-path Inheritance
- Hierarchical Inheritance
- Multiple Inheritance
6. Will you risk it all?
This is among the most essential aspects of any managerial job. While working there are times when you’ll face difficulties that require one or more risks that must be taken. A successful and effective manager is always prepared and takes risk-taking that is well-planned and well-informed to address any issue.
Only respond with affirmative when you’re confident in being comfortable. In other words, you may affirm that before making a decision taking a chance, you’ll take the time to conduct research and make a decision on a on the same basis.
7. What are the four basic principles of OOPS?
The four principles that underlie the Object-Oriented Programming System are listed below:
- Abstraction Abstraction is a method to hide the details of the implementation and only displaying features for the end user. For instance, sending an SMS in which you type the text and then send the message. The internal process that goes into the transmission of the message.
- Polymorphism Polymorphism in Java is a term used to describe a way in which we can carry out an action in various ways. The word “polymorphism” comes from two Greek words that are Poly and Morphs. In Greek, the word “poly” refers to many, while “morphs” refers to forms. Therefore, polymorphism can refer to a variety of forms.
- Abstraction allows you to focus on what the object is doing instead of what the thing does that.
- Encapsulation The process of encapsulation within Java is the process of wrapping data and code into one piece, for instance, a capsule that is made up of a variety of medicines.
- Inheritance Inheritance in Java is a method by where one object is able to acquire each of the property, properties and behavior of its parent object.
8.What’s the distinction between interfaces and classes?
The distinctions between interfaces and classes can be as follows:
- A class is created by creating an object of it however interfaces are not instantiated since the methods of an interface have no meaning and don’t do anything, which is why there is no point in the creation of an interface.
- A class is declared by using the keywords for classes, while it is called an interface by using interface keyword.
- Members of the class may be granted access specifiers such as protected, public and private.
- However, users of an interface do not be granted access specifiers and all members of the interface are classified as public since it is used by the interface to create from another class. There is no need for access specifiers within the interface’s members.
- The methods within the class are designed to carry out certain operations on fields defined in the class, whereas the interfaces aren’t assertive in certain areas. The methods that interfaces work are abstract.
- A class is able to implement any interfaces but only be extended by one superclass.
- While interfaces can be extended to an unlimited number of interfaces, however it is not able to perform any interface.
- A class may contain a constructor inside the class that declares the fields within the class, while an the interface does not have a constructor in place because there aren’t fields that need to be initialized.
9. What is the software development life-cycle?
- Life-cycle of software development involves steps in the entire life-cycle of the software development phase.
- It is generally carried out by the team who creates the software within the company.
- It is a concise explanation of how to develop and maintain the software.
10. What is a Database Management System?
An DataBase Management System is a software system that is used for creating as well as managing database. DBMS allows the user to create and manage databases. DBMS is a means of connecting the application or user and the database.
11. What are loops?
Loops can be used to execute a the same block of code repeatedly in a program dependent on the conditional statements.
The fundamental layout of a circuit can be shown in the diagram above. After each successful completion in the loop, the conditional statements must be verified.
If it is found to be true it will continue to be completed. In the event that the statement does not match then the circuit will be canceled.
12. Explain about Joins, Normalization, Views,Triggers?
It is the JOIN keyword is utilized to create the SQL statement to retrieve data from multiple tables, based on the relationship between certain columns in these tables.
The tables in a database are typically linked to each using keys.
A view is an online table. The view contains columns and rows, just like a table. The fields displayed in a photograph are from one or more tables that are in the database.
an also add SQL statements, functions like WHERE and statements that JOIN one another to a view, and then display the data as though the data came from a single table.
13. Do you believe in delegating?
A successful manager always delegates. Delegation is an extremely common task for managers to accomplish and ensures an even output. It is important to describe how you delegated tasks on your previous job, particularly depending on the skills of the employee and knowledge.
Delegation is an art and you have to demonstrate your peers how talented you are. You must be able to demonstrate how well-planned your delegation process was in order to maximize productivity.
14. What is normalization of databases, joins, and keys?
Normalization is the process of arranging the database’s data efficiently. The two goals of the normalization process are to eliminate duplicate data (for example,
The same information in multiple tables) and to ensure that data dependencies are in line with the law (only keeping related data in tables). Both of these are essential since they cut down on the space that a database takes up and ensure that data is effectively stored.
15. List different advantages of DBMS
Data sharing has been improved.
The benefits that come with DataBase Management System:
- Better data integration.
- Improved productivity of the end-user.
- Better data access.
- Improved decision making.
- Security of data has been improved.
- Minimal data inconsistency.
16. What are the conditional statements?
The conditional statements could also be referred to as conditional expressions as well. Conditionsal statements are the rules that were executed when the condition in question is met.
It is commonly referred to an if-then conditional statement since If the state is valid, then the condition is carried out.
17. What is the similarity and difference between C++ and C?
C++ has classes however C did not have classes.
C is not able to allow overloading of functions. In C for input or output, we make use of functions such as gets() and puts() and scanf(), printf() and so on.
C doesn’t allow exception handling.
18. What is database Schema?
The formal definition of a data schema refers to a collection of formulas (sentences) known as integrity constraints that are placed on the database.
19. Diffrentiate between socket and session?
Socket is the combination between IP address, Port Number (in pairs)
A session can be described as a logical Connection between the origin and the destination.
20. What is the difference between the foreign key and reference key?
Referral Key refers to the key used in the second table (linked through the foreign keys of the other tables Key). Foreign Key is the method of connecting the secondary tables Primary Key to primary table Key (or Primary Key (or Key Reference). Key).
21. The structural difference between b-tree index and bitmap ?
It is comprised of leaf nodes. Branch nodes contain the prefix key values as well as links to leaf nodes. the leaf nodes have the index value and are the rowed.
It’s a simple string of bits for each unique value. It makes use of an array of bits to identify rows in the table in a short time. It can be used to index columns with low cardinality.
22. What is the difference between a non Clustered index and-clustered index?
- One table per table
- It is faster to read than data that is not clustered because the data is stored physically in order of index
- It can be used many times per table
- It is faster for insert and update processes than a clustered index.
23. What is an array?
The term “array” refers to a set of elements with similar properties. An array’s essential requirement is that the data type of the elements in the array have to be identical. An array declaration in C++ is as the following:
This describes an array that’s name is an and contains 10 elements that are indexed from zero to nine
24. Memory Allocation in C/C+
Calloc() function allocates memory and the size will be the result of its settings (it has two options). calloc fills the memory using zero’s and then returns a pointer towards the initial byte. If it fails to find the space needed, it will return an NULL pointer.
The malloc() function allocates memory space; length will be determined by the value that is entered in the parameter. (it is a single parameter). It doesn’t start the memory area
Free() function utilized to free up the allocated memory(allocated by the calloc function and malloc functions) In other words, it is used to free the memory allocated
New technology is also utilized to allocate memory on the heap, and then initialize the memory with constructor
remove memory that was released previously allotted by the new operator
25. Define Data Abstraction. What is their significance?
Abstraction is the process that focuses attention and recognition on fundamental characteristics of a particular subject or event, and then filtering out undesirable aspects of the object or situation.
Abstraction is the base of software development. Through this notion, that we identify the most important elements of the system. The method of identifying and creating the concepts for a particular system is known as modeling ( modelling objects).
Three levels of abstraction of data are:
- Level of Logical information that is stored within the database. e.g., Database administrator
- Physical layer The the data is physically stored in the database.
- Level of view End users always work at the view level. If there is any change made, it can be saved with an alternative name.
26. What is the difference between virtual function and the pure function of virtualization?
Pure Virtual Function This is the function that is used in Base class. the definition is required to be defined in the class that is derived from it. other pure virtual functions, no definition in the base class. is defined as:
Virtual empty fun()=0;
This means that the function won’t accomplish anything, in the event the function is pure and virtual, the derived function must
Create a virtual function that is pure or declare it as an entirely virtual function
Virtual functions In order to attain polymorphism, the function of the base class can be declared virtual. Through state virtualization making an object of the base class to fulfill the function of any derived class dependent on the contents of the pointer (any purchased name of class).
27. What are WPF and WCF?
WPF/WCF applicationis required to be part of the .NET 3.0 Framework. This application will be able to cover the following aspects:
WCF(Windows Communication Foundation)
- The new features that focus on service
- Interfaces are used to facilitate communication.
- Callbacks are used to make calls.
- Asynchronous delegates
- The proxy is created
WPF( Windows Presentation Foundation )
- Data binding
TCS HR Interview Questions
If one is equipped with the questions they will be able to pass every interview. Let’s take a look at the this list of TCS interview questions for managerial positions.
1. Tell us something about yourself.
My name is Abhinav. I am from Delhi. It was my birthplace. birth area and raised in Delhi. I am an individual who enjoys exploring new regions as well as meet people from different places. In terms of my studies,
I have completed my B.Tech from GNIOT, Greater Noida with 64 percent. I am averaging 72% marks in Class XII as well as 8.2 CGPA in Class X.
My family is comprised of have three siblings: my mother, father along with my grandmother, grandfather, and grandfather, and me. I was employed for a period of x months at Javatpoint in Noida as an editor and gained information about different languages.
2. How well organized are you?
The process of planning and organizing is essential to managing. Managers who hire you often ask questions to test your understanding of managing time. Anyone who isn’t able to manage his time will never be able to be able to manage a team.
It is possible to begin by describing your day-to-day routine, the tools that you utilize to plan your tasks, and how you multitask, with examples, and how you respond to situations that arise.
3. How can you ensure that your team remains engaged?
Motivation is another characteristic that is the basis of a manager’s job. In large conglomerates, employees frequently get distracted by their work and lose their identity. When there is a large group, motivation is essential in keeping the efficiency of work and up to par.
Provide specific examples of times when you led a group and frequently gave them positive encouragement and encouragement to them to persevere. When needed, recognizing them and recognizing them for their efforts, distributing the work profile based on their strengths, etc. are a few of the ways you could mention.
If you’ve had an idea that’s innovative and has brought your team together, such as games or team outings and team activities and so on. It is also possible to refer to them.
4. What was an instance in which you were asked to perform something you did not enjoy doing, and how you dealt with the situation?
This is a common question that tests your awareness of mind as well as your ability to communicate. Find any incident of your life and then speak on it.
To help you For your reference, a sample answer has been included. Your answer may differ from this , however it may be of aid.
There are many instances in my life that required me to complete tasks that I didn’t like doing, but because these were tasks that were required, the decision to back off wasn’t an option that I could afford.
One instance I’d like to share is in the 9th grade of my school when we were required to study Sanskrit because the school didn’t have an the option of choosing to choose between Hindi and Sanskrit after the 9th grade, so initially,
I was not too concerned about the subject, however as I began researching it I discovered that this topic is very complicated, and I also realized that I wasn’t very good at retaining information and this made this subject challenging for me,
but since I was told, stopping would not be an option. I decided to get advice from my family, friends as well as other trustworthy sources.
I did my best throughout the remaining time . Eventually, the effort paid off even though I didn’t score high marks, I did score results that I wouldn’t believe I could achieve in the past few months.
5. What do you think you would do in the event of an under-performance?
The fingers of the hand don’t have equal value which means that everyone on the team might not be performing efficiently and exceed expectations. There are times where you’re in the situation that you have a team member that reports to you may not be performing as per expectations.
The person who is contacting you may be asking this question to determine what you can do to handle such a scenario. You can state that you’ll be taking steps to correct the situation by meeting with the person and creating an PoA to improve his/her performance by providing clear and direct feedback.
6. Do you wish to change your domain? If yes, why?
I’d like to work for an organization that will allow me to improve the skills I’ve acquired from my education and also develop abilities that will help me over the course of my career. With regard to the job.
This job is completely in my area of expertise and it will also help me improve my communication abilities, which have been on my must-do list for a while. This is why I’d like to be connected to such an organisation and to also develop the skills that I’ve always wanted to enhance.
7. Will you be comfortable relocating?
Be aware that this question requires an unambiguous response and needs to know that the business could offer time to time travel, so don’t try to impress them.
If you’re unable to relocate, tell them straight away if they’ve any openings for this kind of job they might take you into consideration. You can also refer to the answer sample below.
Yes, when I was growing up, I had to travel quite a bit since my father was an ex-serviceman and was stationed all over the nation. While I’d rather be in to live in my hometown as it lets me be with people I am passionate about, in the same way I’m ok moving.
8. What are your expectations from the company?
While this is a factual answer and could be different for different people, remember to that you should be positive about your thinking and refrain from saying too numerous negative things about the company which creates an impression that you’re exaggerating.
In short, be real and exact.
I have for an inordinate amount of time wanted to join an IT company that treats their employees the most professional way possible.
I’ve always wanted to work for an organization that has a relaxing and home-like workplace. When it is TCS I’ve found that both needs are met.
Many of the requirements I cannot imagine being met, but in the end, I am given the chance to grow and improve my skills to be a better professional in the near future.
In this instance, the interviewer wants to determine if you are capable of handling situations in real-time, take some time to organize your thoughts before speaking out.
The most memorable event of my life will never have any second thought be the day I finished my education. The day that I realized that I’m now capable of obtaining an employment opportunity that is decent and live an independent lifestyle . Gradually and slowly I’ve changed from a child who was dependent to becoming an independent, self-sufficient man.
I’m now old enough to make life-changing choices and make informed choices regarding what’s right for me and what’s not.
It was then that I realized why my grandparents as well as others are nostalgic and are able to hold many fond memories of this moment in time. The independence of our country and this seemingly insignificant word independence can hold such an important meaning.
10. What is it like to live in Delhi (your state)?
There are many unique aspects about your personality. This could be a result of something you could or might want to improve upon, but as previously mentioned, be sure to remain honest.
Delhi is among the most populated cities of India and, even though I don’t have any information on towns in other parts of India I hope that it will become the busiest among them all.
Delhi as Mumbai is never quiet and is a bustling city. Delhi it is known to there are plenty of places to explore and walk around.
Additionally, as it is central to many states and being the Capital of India it is the main attraction for many. Hence, because of the constant movement that we see a range of residents living in Delhi.
Additionally, Delhi has all kinds of markets. Additionally, it has facilities and hospitals which are of top quality and could be considered to be among the top facilities across the world. So being a resident of Delhi is an ideal dream that can be realized.
11. What are your weaknesses?
It’s a tough issue, don’t let it make for a good lure, i.e. that the person interviewing you is looking to find out your weaknesses, but you must explain them in a way that they are in the manner your strong points.
It can be hard to acknowledge your weaknesses because we all know that the human tendency is to blame others and not take blame for a mistake.
To be truthful, I have found that when I wish to accomplish something, I do my best to achieve it, even however it’s not worth the effort to work this long for the satisfaction,
I experience after I do my best, but while I am working, I don’t am missing out on something else at the same time.
12. What are your strengths?
Do not make assertions that you can’t prove in person. Make sure to only speak of those forces that are real.
My opinion is that I’m a team player I’ve always loved working as part of a team. doing my best to improve the team has always been a source of pride and being able to lead or be captain of my coworkers has been a job I’ve always enjoyed.
Additionally, items that aren’t easy to find I love receiving they, even though it can be a somewhat confusing, but let me explain with an example, after my graduation, I hadn’t gained the necessary skills to be able to find an outstanding job. My communication skills .
However, I was lacking in the technical aspects which made it easy to accept a non-professional jobs. Additionally, they offered an attractive salary scale and it was hard to master how to program and get proficient in programming, but I chose to do things through the tough way and persevere until I succeeded.
Throughout the process, I focused on the technical aspect and I am now .So perseverance eventually results in rewards.
13. What are your views on demonetization?
This is an important issue to discuss, and I have many things to share however, given the brief time span of this interview, I’d want to summarize the discussion as follows:
- It was a significant choice, I’d say, however, it was not so good on the implementation aspect.
- The government ought to be taking a position against the number of people who died in the initial time.
- The goal was not achieved completely as not many people who had black money were caught.
- Our GDP nation was growing.
- Overall there are numerous positives as well as negatives in this particular action, so to draw the conclusion is not doing justice.
14. Why should we hire you?
This is a common question that must be addressed in a sensible manner.
The job description perfectly matches my experience As a candidate, I have worked in this area that could benefit the company and me.
Also, I’m adept at learning quickly as well as a good team member, so the company won’t need to devote a lot of time and money on me. While I work at a job, I do it to make the most benefit for the company. In addition, I’ll get exposure to the field that will be advantageous to my professional career.
15. What is it that distinguishes you than other potential candidates?
Yes, there are plenty of things that distinguish me as a person. Everyone is different. If you want to know about my strengths I’d claim that I am an excellent team player, a quick learner, and possess certain leadership traits. Although these opinions are subjective to me, they are more easily understood when you get to know me as a person.
16. Tell me about your daily routine?
Let us know what your routine is.
These days, I’m juggling an active schedule. I’ve been looking out to take a vacation or break, however, if you might ask, I’d describe my daily routine as follows:
I get up at 0700 hours. I complete my daily chores , and then prepare to leave for work at around 8.00 p.m. I commute via metro and get to my office by the estimated time of 0930 hours. I am there until 1300 hours . After that, we take a one-half hour break.
After the break, we go back to work. I attend an Java class from 1530 until 1800. After I have completed the course, I’m working for around 90 minutes until 1830 when I leave for home.
My home is also only a 90 minute ride on the metro. At the time I get home at 2000, I sit and enjoy a wonderful film. By the time the movie is over, I go to bed and the day is done and then the next day back at work.
17. Do you have any prior work experience? If so tell us about your last job and why you left it.
You can talk about your experiences at work and the reason you quit, however, don’t provide any negative response as it could are negative. Give a positive answer, such as for growth to have a better chance and to improve your capabilities further.
18. Mention any five qualities that a person should have for this profile?
Depends on the work.
19. What quality do you think a leader should have?
There are many skills an effective leader must possess however to list some the most important ones, a leader must be able to manage the work of a group, be able to comprehend the needs of his team and their behavior at various moments..
And be able to identify individuals he can count on and be able to stand out when surrounded by people and be able of instructing an entire group of people and be a dominant leader and many other qualities are available.
20. Speak on any topic of your interest for at least 5 minutes.
You must be able to discuss any subject.
21. What are your hobbies?
It is possible to share your passions. It is important to prepare yourself for the questions you will be asked about your hobbies.
22. Describe the experience of visiting any place during your vacations?
It is essential to write about any experiences you have had.
23. Any Previous Job experience or Applied?
Most of the time in these interviews, you’ll be confronted with these questions. Once you have these questions within your repertoire, make sure you prepare carefully. Take a moment to reflect and determine what the best answer is for you. The skills and tools you mention in your resume, and also the job description provided by the employer, you need to know about them.