TCS Interview Questions for Freshers: TCS is a multinational company that is involved in consulting services as well as information technology. It is located in Mumbai, India. It is a member of the Tata group, which operates across 46 countries.
TCS is among the most significant Indian company’s market capitalization and the most known Indian brands worldwide. TCS is the sole source of 70 percent of the dividends the subsidiary Tata Sons paid.
In the last few days, Tata Sons decided to sell its shares of TCS for $1.25 billion as an enormous deal. As of 2015, TCS was ranked 64th in the Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies ranking. This makes it the most highly-rated IT services firm and the highest-ranked Indian company.
TCS is the 2nd largest IT service provider. In 2017 TCS was ranked 10th place in the Fortune India 500 list. In April this year, TCS became the first Indian IT company to surpass 100 billion in market capitalization.
CLICK HERE To get Free Online Degree from USA to get more Success in TCS
- Recruitment Process
- Academic Criteria
- TCS Interview Questions
- 1. Explain the purpose of linked lists
- 2. How well do you do at managing?
- 3.) How do you define inheritance?
- 4. What exactly is Polymorphism?
- 5. Types of inheritance?
- 6. Will you risk it all?
- 7. What are the four basic principles of OOPS?
- 8. What’s the distinction between interfaces and classes?
- 9. What is the software development life cycle?
- 10. What is a Database Management System?
- 11. What are loops?
- 12. Explain Joins, Normalization, Views, and Triggers?
- 13. Do you believe in delegating?
- 14. What is the normalization of databases, joins, and keys?
- 15. List different advantages of DBMS
- 16. What are the conditional statements?
- 17. What is the similarity and difference between C++ and C?
- 18. What is database Schema?
- 19. Differentiate between socket and session?
- 20. What is the difference between the foreign and recent keys?
- 21. The structural difKedifferenceeen the b-tree index and bitmap?
- 22. What is the difference between a non Clustered index and-clustered index?
- 23. What is an array?
- 24. Memory Allocation in C/C+
- 25. Define Data Abstraction. What is their significance?
- 26. What is the difference between the virtual function and the pure function of virtualization?
- 27. What are WPF and WCF?
- TCS HR Interview Questions
- 1. Tell us something about yourself.
- 2. How well organized are you?
- 3. How can you ensure that your team remains engaged?
- 4. What was an instance in which you were asked to perform something you did not enjoy, and how did you deal with the situation?
- 5. What would you do in the event of an underperformance?
- 6. Do you wish to change your domain? If yes, why?
- 7. Will you be comfortable relocating?
- 9. Do you have a story concerning the most unforgettable moment in your life?
- 10. What is living in Delhi (your state) like?
- 11. What are your weaknesses?
- 12. What are your strengths?
- 13. What are your views on demonetization?
- 14. Why should we hire you?
- 15. What is it that distinguishes you from other potential candidates?
- 16. Tell me about your daily routine?
- 17. Do you have any prior work experience? Tell us about your last job and why you left it.
- 18. Mention any five qualities a person should have for this profile?
- 19. What qualities do you think a leader should have?
- 20. Speak on any topic of interest for at least 5 minutes.
- 21. What are your hobbies?
- 22. Describe the experience of visiting any place during your vacations?
- 23. Any Previous Job experience or Applied?
- What are the three rounds of interviews in TCS?
- How should I prepare for a TCS interview?
- Are TCS Interviews difficult?
- TCS interviews easy for freshers?
- Can I Join TCS Without An Interview?
- What are the three rounds of interviews in TCS?
TCS usually conducts three rounds to choose freshers for the position of Software Developer in their firm.
- Aptitude test
- Interview with a technical expert
- HR interview
The process begins with a written test and then a one-on-one interview. There is also the possibility of conducting an open-ended discussion with some students.
Sometimes they can waive the test for students with a 75 in aggregate or more and allow them to show up directly to the interview without writing tests.
In the technical interview, the fresher candidates are typically confronted with questions regarding the final project they have completed and one specific technology they have been instructed on.
Sixty-five percent or more, 65 percent or more B.Tech, and at least 65 percent in B.Tech, X, or XII.
No backlogs were present at the moment of the interview
|Numerical Ability||20-30 Questions|
|Programming logic||5-15 Questions|
|Reasoning Ability||25-35 Questions|
TCS Interview Questions
TCS is one of the largest companies in consulting, technology, and software and is a job seeker’s dream job to be employed by.
The company hires thousands of graduates from management every year. Are you wondering what makes them get into the company? It’s certainly not easy; however, it’s not impossible to break.
An essential step for interview preparation for new graduates is to consider what attire to wear on the big day. After all, the cliche “first impressions last” also rings true when it comes to job interviews.
For best results, aim to present yourself in the most presentable way possible and memorize common HR interview questions for freshers.
Ensure your formal shirt, trousers/skirt are clean and well-pressed; polished shoes with clean socks; well-groomed hair and nails are shiny too.
A linked list has two components: information and the link. In single listening, the start in the list will be identified by a specific pointer whose name begins.
The pointer is the first element in the list, and the link component of every node is an arch that leads to the next node; however, the final node in the list is missing a pointer that indicates the previous one. Thanks to the start pointer, the linked list can be easily traversed.
2. How well do you do at managing?
This question can inform prospective employers about how you collaborated with your colleagues. This can also give them an idea of how well you managed the processes of work and your output while also interacting with your colleagues simultaneously.
This is a great chance to show your strengths but in a subtle manner. You run the risk of appearing boastful or confident. Try incorporating positive feedback from your career, praise from your colleagues, or LinkedIn suggestions would be helpful.
3.) How do you define inheritance?
In Object-Oriented Programming, inheritance is a method that is based on classes.
Inheritance is transferring the properties and data members of a parent class into an infant class. A style created from a different type is typically called a sub-class or child class. The type that the child class is derived from is known as Superclass or Parent Class.
4. What exactly is Polymorphism?
Polymorphism is a term used in OOPS that refers to having multiple types. But, it means that various actions can occur in different instances. The two kinds of Polymorphism are:
- Method of overloading
- Operator overloaded
5. Types of inheritance?
Kinds of inheritance:
- Hybrid Inheritance
- Single inheritance
- Multi-level Inheritance
- Multi-path Inheritance
- Hierarchical Inheritance
- Multiple Inheritance
6. Will you risk it all?
This is among the most essential aspects of any managerial job. While working, there are times when you’ll face difficulties that require one or more risks that must be taken. A successful and effective manager is always prepared and takes well-planned and well-informed risk-taking to address any issue.
Only respond with affirmative when you’re confident in being comfortable. In other words, you may affirm that before making a decision and taking a chance, you’ll take the time to conduct research and decide on the same basis.
7. What are the four basic principles of OOPS?
The four principles that underlie the Object-Oriented Programming System are listed below:
- Abstraction is a method to hide the implementation details and only display features for the end user. For instance, sending an SMS in which you type the text and then send the message. The internal process that goes into the transmission of the message.
- Polymorphism in Java is a term used to describe how we can act in various ways. “polymorphism” comes from two Greek words: Polyy and Morphs. In Greek, “poly” refers to many, while “morphs” refers to forms. Therefore, Polymorphism can refer to a variety of conditions.
- Abstraction allows you to focus on what the object is doing instead of what the thing does.
- Encapsulation: The process of encapsulation within Java is the process of wrapping data and code into one piece, for instance, a capsule made of various medicines.
- Inheritance in Java is a method by which one object can acquire each property, property, and behavior of its parent object.
8. What’s the distinction between interfaces and classes?
The distinctions between interfaces and classes can be as follows:
- A lesson is created by creating an object of it. However, interfaces are not instantiated since the methods of an interface have no meaning and don’t do anything, which is why there is no point in creating an interface.
- A class is declared using the keywords for courses, while it is called an interface by using the interface keyword.
- Class members may be granted access to protected, public, and private specifiers.
- However, users of an interface do not be granted access specifiers, and all interface members are classified as public since the interface uses it to create from another class. There is no need for access specifiers within the interface’s members.
- The methods within the class are designed to carry out specific operations on fields defined in the class, whereas the interfaces aren’t assertive in certain areas. The ways that the interface works are abstract.
- A class can implement any interface but only be extended by one superclass.
- While interfaces can be extended to an unlimited number of interfaces, they cannot perform any interface.
- A class may contain a constructor inside the class that declares the fields within the course, while an interface does not have a constructor in place because there aren’t fields that need to be initialized.
9. What is the software development life cycle?
- The software development life cycle involves steps in the entire software development phase.
- It is generally carried out by the team who creates the software within the company.
- It is a concise explanation of how to develop and maintain the software.
10. What is a Database Management System?
A DataBase Management System is a software system that is used for creating as well as managing databases. DBMS allows the user to create and manage databases. DBMS is a means of connecting the application or user and the database.
11. What are loops?
Loops can be used to repeatedly execute the same code block in a program dependent on conditional statements.
The basic layout of a circuit can be shown in the diagram above. After each successful completion in the loop, the conditional statements must be verified.
If it is accurate, it will continue to be completed. If it does not match, then the circus, thee canceled.
12. Explain Joins, Normalization, Views, and Triggers?
The JOIN keyword is utilized to create the SQL statement to retrieve data from multiple tables based on the relationship between specific columns in these tables.
The tables in a database are typically linked to each using keys.
A view is an online table. The statement contains columns and rows, just like a table. The fields displayed in a photograph are from one or more tables in the database.
I also add SQL statements, functions like WHERE, and notifications that JOIN one another to a vien, then display the data as though the data came from a single table.
13. Do you believe in delegating?
A successful manager always delegates. Delegation is a prevalent task for managers to accomplish, ensuring a consistent output. It is essential to describe how you delegated tasks in your previous job, mainly depending on the employee’s skills and knowledge.
Delegation is an art; y must demonstrate to your peers how talented you are. It would be best if you were again how well-planned your delegation process was to maximize productivity.
14. What is the normalization of databases, joins, and keys?
Normalization is the process of arranging the database’s data efficiently. The two goals of the normalization process are to eliminate duplicate data (for example,
The same information in multiple tables) and to ensure that data dependencies align with the law (only keeping related data in tables). Both of these are essential since they cut down on the space a database takes up and ensure that data is effectively stored.
15. List different advantages of DBMS
Data sharing has been improved.
The benefits that come with DataBase Management System:
- Better data integration.
- Improved productivity of the end-user.
- Better data access.
- Improved decision-making.
- The security of data has been improved.
- Minimal data inconsistency.
16. What are the conditional statements?
The conditional statements could also be referred to as conditional expressions as well. Conditional statements are the rules executed when the condition in question is met.
It is commonly referred to as an if-then conditional statement since If the state is valid, then the condition is carried out.
17. What is the similarity and difference between C++ and C?
C++ has classes how; ever, C does not have classes.
C is not able to allow the overloading of functions. In C, for input or output, we make use of functions such as gets() and puts() and scanf(), print(), and so on.
C doesn’t allow exception handling.
18. What is database Schema?
The formal definition of a data schema refers to a collection of formulas (sentences) known as integrity constraints placed on the database.
19. Differentiate between socket and session?
The socket is the combination of the IP address, Port Number (in pairs)
A session can be described as a logical connection between the origin and the destination.
20. What is the difference between the foreign and recent keys?
Keys referral Key refers to the key used in the second table (linked through the foreign keys of the other tables Key). Foreign Key connects the secondary tables Primary Key to primate ry table Key (or Primary KeKeyor Key Reference). Key).
21. The structural difKedifferenceeen the b-tree index and bitmap?
It is comprised of leaf nodes. BraKey nodes contain prefifundamental prefixes and links to leaf nodes. The leaf nodes have the index value and are rowed.
It’s a simple string of bits for each unique value. It makes use of an array of bits to identify rows in the table in a short time. It can be used to index columns with low cardinality.
22. What is the difference between a non Clustered index and-clustered index?
- One table per table
- It is faster to read than data un clustered data because stored physically in the order of the index.
- It can be used many times per table
- It is faster for insert and update processes than a clustered index.
23. What is an array?
“array” refers to a set of elements with similar properties. An array’s essential requirement is that the data type of the elements in the array have to be identical. An array declaration in C++ is as the following:
This describes an array that’s name is an and contains ten elements that are indexed from zero to nine
24. Memory Allocation in C/C+
Calloc() function allocates memory, and the size will result from its settings (it has two options). calloc fills the memory using zeros and then returns a pointer toward the initial byte. It will return an NUa pointer if it fails to find the space needed.
The malloc() function allocates memory space; length will be determined by the value entered in the parameter. (it is a single parameter). It doesn’t start the memory area
The free () function unfreezes allocated memory(allocated by the calloc functalloc functions). In other words, it is used to free the memory allocated
New technology is also utilized to allocate memory on the heap and then initialize the memory with the constructor
to remove e a memory that was released previously allotted by the new operator
25. Define Data Abstraction. What is their significance?
Abstraction is the process that focuses attention and recognition on fundamental characteristics of a particular subject or event and then filtefiltersundesirable aspects of the object or situation.
Abstraction is the base of software development. Through this notion, we identify the system’s most critical elements. The method of identifying and creating the concepts for a particular system is known as modeling (modeling objects).
Three levels of abstraction of data are:
- Level of Logical information that is stored within the database. e.g., Database administrator
- Physical layer The data is physically stored in the database.
- Level of view End users always works at the view level. If there is any change made, it can be saved with an alternative name.
26. What is the difference between the virtual function and the pure function of virtualization?
Pure Virtual Function This is the function that is used in the Base class. The definition is required to be defined in the class that is derived from it. Other pure virtual functions with no definition in the base class. Is deIt signed as:
Virtual empty fun()=0;
This means that the function won’t accomplish anything; in the event, the process is pure and virtual, the derived function must
Create a pure virtual function or declare it as an entirely virtual function.
Virtual functions To attain Polymorphism, the part of the base class can be declared virtual through state virtualization making, an; anct of the base class fulfills the role of any derived class dependent on the contents of the pointer (any purchased name of c, course).
27. What are WPF and WCF?
WPF/WCF application is required to befor.NET 3.0 Framework. This application will be able to cover the following aspects:
WCF(Windows Communication Foundation)
- The new features that focus on service
- Interfaces are used to facilitate communication.
- Callbacks are used to make calls.
- Asynchronous delegates
- The proxy is created
WPF( Windows Presentation Foundation )
- Data binding
TCS HR Interview Questions
If one is equipped with the questions, they can pass every interview. Let’s look at this list of TCS interview questions for managerial positions.
1. Tell us something about yourself.
My name is Abhinav. I am from Delhi. It was my birthplace—My birth area, and I was raised in Delhi. I am an individual who enjoys exploring new regions as well as meeting people from different places. In terms of my studies,
I have completed my B—tech from GNIOT, Greater Noida, with 64 percent. I am averaging 72% marks in Class XII and an 8.2 CGPA in Class X.
My family comprises siblings: my mother, father, grandmother, grandfather, grandfather, and me. I was employed for x months at Javatpoint in Noida as an editor and gained information about different languages.
2. How well organized are you?
The process of planning and organizing is essential to managing. Managers who hire you often ask questions to test your understanding of working time. Anyone who isn’t able to manage his time will never be able to manage a team.
It is possible to begin by describing your day-to-day routine, the tools you use to plan your tasks, how you multitask with examples, and how you respond to situations that arise.
3. How can you ensure that your team remains engaged?
Motivation is another characteristic that is the basis of a manager’s job. In large conglomerates, employees frequently get distracted by their work and lose their identity. When there is a large group, motivation is essential in keeping work efficiency up to par.
Please provide specific examples of times when you led a group and frequently gave them positive encouragement and encouragement to persevere. When needed, recognizing them and recognizing them for their efforts, distributing the work profile based on their strengths, etc., are a few of the ways you could mention.
Suppose you’ve had an innovative idea that has brought your team together, such as games or t, team outings, team activities, etc. It is also possible to refer to them.
4. What was an instance in which you were asked to perform something you did not enjoy, and how did you deal with the situation?
This is a common question regarding your awareness of the mind and your ability to communicate. Find any incident of your life and then speak about it.
To help you, For your reference, a sample answer has been included. Your answer may differ from this. However it m, it may be of aid.
ThereManyances in my life that led me to complete tasks that I wouldn’t say I liked doing, but because these were needed, the decision to back off wasn’t an option I could afford.
One instance I’d like to share was in the 9th grade of my school when we were required to study Sanskrit because the school didn’t have the option of choosing to choose between Hindi and Sanskrit after the 9th grade, so initially,
I was not too concerned about the subject. However, as I began researching it, I discovered this topic is very complicated. I also realized that I wasn’t very good at retaining information, making this subject challenging. Still, I said, stopping would not be an option. I decided to get advice from my family, friends, and other trustworthy sources.
I did my best throughout the remaining time. Eventually, the effort paid off. Even though I didn’t score high marks, I did score results I didn’t believe I couldn’t achieve in the past few months.
5. What would you do in the event of an underperformance?
The fingers of the hand don’t have equal value, which means that everyone on the team might not perform efficiently and exceed expectations. There are times when you’re in a situation where you have team members to you and may not be acting as expected.
The person contacting you may be asking this question to determine what you can do to handle such a scenario. You can state that you’ll be takincorrectingsituation by meeting with the person and creating a PoA to improve their performance by providing precise and direct feedback.
6. Do you wish to change your domain? If yes, why?
I want to work for an organization that will allow me to improve the skills I’ve acquired from my education and develop abilities that will help me throughout my career., about the job.
This job is entirely in my area of expertise and will also help me improve my communication abilities, which have been on my list for a while. This is why I’d like to be connected to such an organization and develop the skills I’ve always wanted to enhance.
7. Will you be comfortable relocating?
Be aware that this question requires an unambiguous response and needs to know that the business could offer time to time travel, so don’t try to impress them.
If you can’t, tell them to strain immediately if there are openings for this work. They might consider you. You can also refer to the answer sample below.
Yes, when I was growing up, I had to travel quite a bit since my father was an ex-serviceman stationed nationwide. While I’d rather live in my hometown as it lets me be with people I am passionate about, I’m ok moving in the same way. What are your expectations from the company?
While this is a factual answer and could be different for different people, remember that you should be optimistic about your thinking and refrain from saying too numerous negative things about the company, which creates an impression that you’re exaggerating.
In short, be honest and exact.
I havForxcessive amount of time wanting to join an IT company that treats its employees in the most professional way possible.
I’ve always wanted to work for an organization with a relaxing and home-like workplace. When it is TCS, I’ve found that both needs are met.
Many do not imagine many of the requirements being met, but in the end, I am given a chance to grow and improve my skills to be a better professional shortly.
9. Do you have a story concerning the most unforgettable moment in your life?
In this instance, the interviewer wants to determine if you can handle actions in real time to organize your thoughts before speaking out.
The most memorable event of my life will never have any second thought be the day I finished my education. The day I realized that I could obtain employment opportunities that it wasn’t and live an independent lifestyle. Gradually and slowly, I’ve changed from a child who was dependent to becoming an independent, self-sufficient man.
I’m old enough to make life-changing and informed choices regarding what suits me and what’s not.
It was then that I realized why my grandparents and others are nostalgic and can hold many fond memories of this moment in t independence of our country. This seemingly insignificant word independence can have such a significant meaning.
10. What is living in Delhi (your state) like?
There are many unique aspects of your personality. This could result from something you could or might want to improve upon, but as previously mentioned, be sure to remain honest.
Delhi is among the most populated cities in India and, although I don’t have any information on towns in other parts of India, I hope it’ll become the busiest among them all.
Delhi, as Mulikeai, is never quiet and is a bustling city. Delhi is known to there are plenty of places to explore and walk around.
Additionally, as it is central to many states and Cap the al of India, it is the main attraction for many. Hence, because of the constant movement, wee a range of residents living in Delhi.
Additionally, Delhi has all kinds of markets. Additionally, it has facility-quality facilities and hospitals considered among the full facilities worldwide. So being a resident of Delhi is an ideal dream that can be realized.
11. What are your weaknesses?
It’s a thorny issue, don’t let it make for a good lure, i.e., the person interviewing you is looking to discover your weaknesses, but you must explain them in a way that they are in the manner your strong points.
It can be hard to acknowledge your weaknesses because we all know that the human tendency is to blame others and not take the blame for a mistake.
To be truthful, I have found that when I wish to accomplish something, I do my best to achieve it, even though it’s not worth the effort to work this long for the satisfaction,
I experience after I do my best, but while I am working, I don’t miss out on something else simultaneously.
12. What are your strengths?
Do not make assertions that you can’t prove in person. Make sure to only speak of those forces that are real.
My opinion is that I’m a team player. I’ve always loved working as part of a team. Doing my best to improve the team has always been a source of pride, and being able to lead or be captain of my coworkers has been a job I’ve always enjoyed.
Additionally, I found items that aren’t easy to find. Lo.ve receiving them can be somewhat confusing; let me explain with an example; after graduation, I hadn’t gained the necessary skills to find an outstanding job. My communication skills.
However, I lacked technical aspects, making it easy to accept a non-professional job. Additionally, they offered an attractive salary scale, and it was hard to master how to program and get proficient in programming. Still, I chose to do things the hard way and persevere until I succeeded.
Throughout the process, I focused on the technical aspect, and I am now. So perseverance eventually results in rewards.
13. What are your views on demonetization?
This is a critical issue to discuss, and I have many things to share; however, given the brief period of this interview, I’d want to summarize the discussion as follows:
- I’d say it was a significant choice but not so good in the implementation aspect.
- The government ought to be taking a position against the number of people who died in the initial time.
- The goal was not entirely achieved, as not many people who had black money were caught.
- Our GDP nation was growing.
- There are numerous positives and negatives in this particular action, so to conclude is not doing justice.
14. Why should we hire you?
This is a common question that must be addressed sensibly.
The job description perfectly matches my experience. As a candidate, I have worked in this area that could benefit the company and me.
Also, I’m adept at learning quickly and a good team member, so the company won’t need to devote much time and money to me. While I work at a job, I do it to benefit the company most. In addition, I’ll get exposure to the field that will help my professional career.
15. What is it that distinguishes you from other potential candidates?
Yes, there are plenty of things that distinguish me as a person. Everyone is different. If you want to know about my strengths, I’m an excellent team player, a quick learner, and possess certain leadership traits. Although these opinions are subjective to me, they are more easily understood when you get to know me as a person.
16. Tell me about your daily routine?
Let us know what your routine is.
These days, I’m juggling an active schedule. I’ve been looking out to take a vacation or break; however, if you might ask, I’d describe my daily routine as follows:
I get up at 0700 hours. I complete my daily chores and then prepare to leave for work at around 8.00 p.m. I commute via the metro and get to my office by the estimated time of 0930 hours. I am there until 1300 hours. After that, we take a one-half-hour break.
After the break, we go back to work. I attend a Java class from 1530 until 1800. After completing the course, I work for around 90 minutes until 1830, when I leave for home.
My home is also only a 90-minute ride on the metro. When I got home in 2000, I sat and enjoyed an excellent film. By the time the movie is over, I go to bed, the day is done, and then the next day back at work.
17. Do you have any prior work experience? Tell us about your last job and why you left it.
You can talk about your experiences at work and why you quit; however, don’t provide any negative response, as it could be damaging. Give a positive answer, such as for growth to have a better chance and improve your capabilities.
18. Mention any five qualities a person should have for this profile?
Depends on the work.
19. What qualities do you think a leader should have?
There are many skills an effective leader must possess; however, to list some of the most important ones, a leader must be able to manage the work of a group and comprehend the needs of his team and their behavior at various moments.
And be able to identify individuals he can count on, stand out when surrounded by people, be capable of instructing an entire group, and be a dominant leader. Many other qualities are available.
20. Speak on any topic of interest for at least 5 minutes.
You must be able to discuss any subject.
21. What are your hobbies?
It is possible to share your passions. Preparing yourself for the questions you will be asked about your hobbies is essential.
22. Describe the experience of visiting any place during your vacations?
It is essential to write about any experiences you have had.
23. Any Previous Job experience or Applied?
What are the three rounds of interviews in TCS?
Most of the time, you’ll be confronted with these questions in these interviews. Once you have these questions in your repertoire, prepare carefully.
Take a moment to reflect and determine what the best answer is for you. You must know about the skills and tools you mention in your resume and the job description provided by the employer.
For a service provider such as TCS, Human resources are the most crucial element to the company’s success. Demotivated and demoralized employees cause poor service, a loss of brand equity, and a failure of revenue.